As cold and flu season approaches, HR should be mindful of two types of employees who undermine workplace productivity, health and safety, HR Daily Community member Shane Koelmeyer says.
In this week's featured post he discusses how employers can manage both "sickie" employees and those who "soldier on".
Other interesting topics this week cover five common team "dysfunctions", managing romantic workplace relationships, preparing for Single Touch Payroll, and more. Browse the posts here:
- Coughs and sneezes spread diseases - managing sick leave during the cold and flu season - Shane Koelmeyer
- How to interpret Lencioni's five dysfunctions of a team - Jan Terkelsen
- Managing relationships in the workplace - Vince Scopelliti
- Are you ready for Single Touch Payroll? You will need to be! - Merilyn Speiser
- Leadership lessons from a small boat - Mark Hodgson
- Was blind but now I see: General manager wilfully blind to contraventions - Shane Koelmeyer
- Are you violating a social contract? Do your meetings match what people expect? - Ian Plowman
- Steps to a successful workplace investigation - Nikki Strahinic
- PIPped at the post: Dismissed employee's illnesses not enough to defer performance management processes - Shane Koelmeyer