Employers should be on the lookout for 'quiet' forms of workplace bullying that can leave employees confused about what they've experienced, HR Daily Community member Vince Scopelliti says.
Such "gaslighting" often causes the most long-term harm to employees, he warns.
Other topics on the Community this week include ways to understand employees' strengths and weaknesses, common outplacement mistakes HR makes, and more. Browse the posts here:
- 'I was sent to Coventry' and other social bullying techniques - Vince Scopelliti
- This is me - how to help your team know you better - Jan Terkelsen
- Three costly outplacement mistakes - Mark Brand
- How video communication can build a remote working culture - James Brennan
- How will your workplace start 2018? - Jason Buchanan
- A reflection on an employee's experience of conflict - Catherine Gillespie
- Seven must-see TED talks on big data - Nora Choi