Whether making one role redundant or hundreds, HR professionals have a crucial part to play in ensuring organisations meet their extensive legal obligations and avoid claims from current and ex-employees. Watch this webcast to:
- ensure redundancies are 'genuine' under the Fair Work Act;
- understand employees' entitlements if positions are made redundant;
- develop sound redundancy criteria that minimise legal risks;
- fulfil consultation and redeployment obligations;
- manage a safe internal 'paper trail' about decision-making;
- handle interactions with unions; and
- add real value to the C-suite by informing decision-makers about their obligations.