Too often, what should be a simple conversation about performance or behaviour blows up into a confrontation, says leadership coach and life strategist Steve Fearns. In this webcast, he sets out a framework for managers to:
- get clear on an issue;
- create self-awareness in employees;
- provide non-threatening feedback;
- approach counselling and discipline;
- create responsibility and accountability in teams and individuals;
- establish a team charter and expectations to "start again" and set ground rules; and
- use internal policies and procedures to achieve better results.