Communicating assertively allows leaders to give employees direction and feedback without evoking a threat response, HR Daily Community member Catherine Gillespie says.
She outlines how to speak with authority and confidence in this week's featured post.
Other topics this week include acceptable workplace behaviour and conflict resolution, managing romance at work, and more. Browse the posts here:
- Win/win: A collaborative approach for workplaces series - Part 1: Assertive communication - Catherine Gillespie
- Understanding Donald Duck - Zandy Fell
- Workplace romance in the spotlight after AFL resignations - Kristin Ramsey
- Performance management to avoid bullying complaints - Vince Scopelliti
- How to help your organisation succeed with change - Alan Clare
- "You shall not pass!" Jurisdictional objections in unfair dismissal claims - Shane Koelmeyer
- What is acceptable behaviour in the workplace? - Catherine Gillespie
- Called out in the Commission: Employee ordered to pay employer's legal costs - Shane Koelmeyer