Contractors make up part of nearly every employer's workforce, but understanding your responsibilities in this area and maintaining first-rate safety standards can be tough.
To help you meet your obligations in this legal minefield (before and after harmonisation), watch this presentation from one of Australia's leading workplace lawyers, Jacqui Hawkins (a partner in the workplace relations & safety group of Lander & Rogers), helping you to understand:
• How to ensure contractor compliance;
• Your OHS obligations to different kinds of contractors;
• Harmonisation - consultation obligations and other changes;
• Current general requirements;
• Warranties and indemnities; and more.
You'll be posted a CD containing the presentation and Q&A (in both Quicktime and Windows Media formats), and presenter's slides.