Most HR policies fail to deal with modern bullying, discrimination and harassment challenges - including after-hours misconduct and misuse of social networks - says workplace lawyer Brad Swebeck.
In this presentation, he and fellow Hicksons Lawyers partner Stewart Cameron outline:
- How to detect, prevent and manage bullying, discrimination and harassment;
- New psychological injury risks posed by misuse of social networks/media;
- What to include in bullying and harassment policies;
- Your rights and responsibilities when managing employees' out-of-hours behaviour;
- Appropriate responses to employee complaints;
- Lessons to be learned from successful claims brought against employers;
- How to defend spurious claims;
- How to avoid claims arising from performance management; and
- HR managers' liability for psychological injury under the existing and new OHS national framework.