Any report of unsatisfactory workplace conduct or performance needs to be investigated, says employment lawyer Brad Petley. This presentation outlines the steps to take to ensure your investigations meet the Fair Work Act's procedural fairness requirements.
- The role of the HR investigator;
- Your legal obligations during investigations;
- How to gather evidence and take statements from employees;
- How to conduct effective interviews;
- How to deal with evasive or untruthful witnesses;
- When not to conduct interviews;
- The impact of the Fair Work Act on investigation obligations;
- How to manage employees post-investigation; & more.