Employers that don't tick all the right boxes prior to dismissing someone are more likely to face an unfair dismissal, adverse action or other claim, says Hicksons partner Brad Swebeck.
In this HRD Plus presentation, he covers the factors to consider in relation to:
- the nature of your business;
- the circumstances of the proposed dismissal;
- policies, procedures and contractual issues;
- disciplinary, misconduct and performance-related dismissals;
- dismissal of injured workers;
- remedies; and
- jurisdictional frameworks.